Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spin Cycle



Listen here, baby Barack Obama, you may be adorable and about to grow up to be pretty awesome, but in spinning class you need to PUSH YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Wake up and alert the news flash. Coach Sean is back in town, so you know what that means: PAIN. If we are going to work out soon, I'm going to need to make him think I've been training a LOT harder than I really have been. (Also, if I'm going to run seven miles up a mountain at like 9 jillion feet above sea level, I'm going to have to ACTUALLY be working out a lot harder than I have been.) Sean's gonna be all like "Why are you so slow? Why are you complaining? And are you....crying?" And I'm gonna be all "What? No...I just have protein powder in my eye!!!!" And I don't need any of that.

Today I had a really good run, because I'm trying to focus on pushing myself and using my time more efficiently. I ran 4.5 miles on the track. The non-cement surface didn't cause shooting pains in my legs, which is always a plus, and by running faster than usual, I didn't get bored and then have to distract myself by plotting the demise of all the people who have wronged me in life. That's what my boss would call a win-win, I think.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to spin class before work. Speaking of spinning, here's a great link my dad, who is awesome and loves riding his bike, emailed me: photos of celebrities riding bikes! Spinning is a great way to train for Tough Mudder, because it works your legs and helps build your endurance.



Brad Pitt increases resistance by pulling a child around.

Obama again, cruising around, probably training for Tough Mudder Mid-Atlantic. See how history comes full circle?


No comments:

Post a Comment