Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday, July 9th: Day 1. The Hills are Tired


If only these guys would pull me up the hill...


Oh. My. Mud. That hill workout made my legs feel like under-cooked Coney Island hotdogs. Speaking of which, I would love a hotdog right now. I'm trying to be healthy and follow Sean's nutrition guidelines, but it's not easy. I made one of his protein shakes last night, because I decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge instead of take the subway home. It was beautiful, but I didn't get home until late, so by that point I was not about to start cooking. The shake was delicious, but it turned out I didn't have any ice, so it was awkwardly warm. Also, I had to use water instead of milk, because the milk in the fridge was from June.

The hill workout was tough and definitely made me a little nervous for NorCal, since that is up a mountain. We did the upper loop of Central Park, which has two big hills. I usually don't run with other people, and this was a nice change. Plus, having Lindsay Marathon Queen there helped me push myself, since sometimes when I'm alone I have a tendency to go easy and stop when I could do more.

I'm off to tackle today's customer service emails. Happy Friday!

SPC

No comments:

Post a Comment